Private Yoga Therapy
Some of the Benefits of Private Yoga Therapy Include:
- Referrals for private in-home Yoga Therapy can come from anyone. The client, client’s family member/friend or someone on the client’s healthcare team are welcome to refer.
- The initial visit consists of a client-centred Yoga Therapy Interview/Assessment to understand how physical, cognitive, neurological and psychological symptoms and impairments impact function.
- The Yoga Therapist will bring a mat, bolster, blocks, straps, oil, balls, eye pillows, etc. to use during the initial session. For hygiene purposes and to support the client to carry out their independent practice, it is recommended that the client purchase their own props if required for regular practice.
- Yoga Therapy can be carried out in any position that is most effective for the client. This includes standing, seated (chair or yoga mat) and/or lying (bed, couch or yoga mat).
- A short independent Yoga practice will be provided using physical postures, breathing techniques, meditation and other therapeutic modalities to facilitate healing holistically. Pictures, video and audio recordings will be provided to support the client to carry out their home practice where appropriate.
- More challenging supported postures and breath work will be facilitated during in-person sessions and not provided for home practice until client is safe and independent to execute.
- Yoga Therapy can be provided remotely over electronic platforms. It is recommended that at least one in-person assessment session is completed first if possible. It is also beneficial if the client has the support of a caregiver if done over an electronic platform such as skype.
- The Yoga therapist collaborates with clients, their families and the rehabilitation team including providing progress reports as needed
- Occasionally space is rented near the client’s home for Yoga Therapy to occur in the community where appropriate.
- The Yoga Therapist can facilitate a client to transition to a community based studio or instructor where appropriate. Education is provided to ensure proper Yoga Therapy certification for client’s safety.
Private Yoga Therapy Populations
- Neurological conditions
- Traumatic Brain Injury (all levels)
- Migraines/ tension headaches
- Cerebral Palsy (all levels)
- Complex trauma
- Spinal cord injuries
- Chronic pain
- Auto-immune diseases
Our approach is to meet you where you are at in your healing journey and empower you. We’d love to help you return to the activities that bring you joy.