Is Yoga Therapy Right for You?
Yoga Therapy is a client-centred holistic approach that assesses the unique needs of the individual and provides a custom program for each client based on their goals. Having said this, some conditions and diagnoses have common traits or criteria. Therapists at Empowering Mind and Body (EMB) have knowledge, training, and experience working with the conditions listed below.
If your concern is not on this list, please contact us to further discuss to determine whether it is an appropriate fit for your condition/diagnosis.
Some Conditions and Diagnoses that Benefit from Yoga Therapy
- Neurological Conditions
- Traumatic Brain Injury (all levels of consciousness and severity)
- Post-Concussive Syndrome
- Migraines/Tension Headaches
- Cerebral Palsy (all levels)
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Stroke, Brain Aneurysm
- Complex Trauma
- Spinal Cord Injuries
- Chronic pain
- Autoimmune Diseases (Scleroderma)
- Degenerative Disk Disease
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Issues
- Eating Disorders
- Cardiovascular Health Issues
Our approach is to meet you where you are at in your healing journey and empower you. We’d love to help you return to the activities that bring you joy.